Top Ten Memories (both good and bad, in no particular order)
1. Seeing the pre-boarding line up for our return flight and counting all the babies that would be sharing airspace with us. And then getting to hold one of the babies while her mom dealt with her 3 year old sister.
2. Walking across the pedestrian planks on the Brooklyn Bridge above the traffic with Max and Drew on Saturday night.
3. Experiencing the opening scene in The Lion King musical where the elephant, giraffes and gazelles enter the stage against a stunning backdrop with everyone singing Circle of Life.
4. Praying and worrying and crying from midnight til 3 am wondering what happened to Clint and hearing gunshots in our street and being afraid.
5. Laughing with the kids at the Who's Line is it Anyway - type comedy show on Friday night.
6. Falling in front of an audience of male Harlem residents, smashing my knee and scraping up my elbow so badly that I limped and waddled for the rest of the trip.
7. Realizing, that without them saying anything, Max and Drew appointed themselves as my guardians whenever we crossed an intersection or navigated subway stairs. One went in front of me, and the other walked behind.
8. Watching my kids in museums. Watching them actually look at the exhibits and read the information.
9. Being frustrated with the alpha male in the family who had his own agenda. Being frustrated with the time that was wasted sleeping til the afternoon.
10. Getting caught in a violent thunder storm seconds after leaving Central Park.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. I don't live in a big city.
2. It's the summer.
3. Croc flip flops. Seriously. Even better than Speedo flip flops.