2. I'm not sure how I feel about the new "all natural" coloured Smarties. No blue. No green. Just alot of brown and red.
3. Must every party have alcohol? And then must photos be taken of all the empties? And must those photos be displayed on facebook?
4. On Oct 23 my home alarm system (which I've never activated) started beeping every 7 seconds. It's still doing it. I've made two calls about it, but clearly I'm not being aggressive enough about needing a service man to come during the later afternoon hours. So, I turn on the fan, the TV, the washer, the dryer, the dishwasher, some music, anything to mask the noise.
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
and so on.
4. Are you getting the H1N1 Flu Shot? There's a poll on the side, over there ---->
I'm still undecided.
6. Drew's car, when it was parked in the driveway overnight, got broken into. His deck was stolen. Last week Max's truck, which was parked on the driveway, was broken into. His deck was ripped out of the dash, but left behind. They DID take his ipod and accessories though. New rule at Jane's house: LOCK THE FRONT DOOR WHEN YOU LEAVE. Seriously.
7. The sadness that dropped on my head last week when I found out that three of my friends/coworkers were getting laid off at work is still lingering. I hate change. And I don't like it when people leave my life.
8. That sadness lifted for a few minutes earlier this evening during a new Scrabble game with Nelson. My second work was a bingo (used up all the letter tiles on my tray) and then my third word (which was ANOTHER seven letter word) spanned across TWO double word score squares, giving me 102 points for that single word. He won't take another turn. Apparently he's sitting in a corner stewing.
9. I had a doctor's appointment last week and he told me my blood pressure is high, just like the last time I visited him which was in December 2007 when poop hit the fan regarding my parents' health issues. This time my visit was on the day of the layoffs. And the fear that I am next on the chopping block might have translated into high blood pressure. I have two weeks to get it down to normal or he'll put me on meds. Which might not be a bad thing? Wondering if anyone knows a wonder cure for situation-induced high blood pressure...
10. I was thinking about my daughter-in-laws the other day. I can hardly wait to meet them. I hope they like me. And want to do things... things like, oh, I don't know, maybe sit around and talk after supper? Or watch a show on TV that is not animated? Or let me babysit their babies? Or talk? Or play Yahtzee and Skip Bo and go on holidays?
11. I miss having Clint live at home. Since he moved out two months ago, he's been home three times for three very quick visits; mostly just to pick something up or trade vehicles. I suppose this is the way of life. If the idea is to grow them up so they'll be self-sufficient, I have succeeded.
12. Does anyone look forward to this business of turning the clocks back? All this daytime darkness - its a killer, man. Someone needs to plan a sunshiney holiday I think.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. I'm going over to Janice's house for tea in a few minutes.
2. I have a job.
3. Spring is only 5 months away.