Listening to the guys talk about 'trying to cry' and what they were thinking of to make them cry was enlightening. Entertaining. Scary.
Watch this video. Hahahaha.
- Guys? You're thinking of the wrong types of things. You won't tear up over 'what could happen', you cry over things that made you sob in the past. You need to access old emotions, and bring them back up to the surface - NOT go looking for new things to cry about.
- Of course, if you haven't cried in the past, NO WAY are you going to be able to cry on command, sitting at a table with three other guys, on a beach, with a camera in your face.
- Women rock.
2. The LOVE Competition. I LOVED this. So hard.
Contestants have five minutes to love as hard as they can. In an MRI machine. Where their brains will be watched and measured. And the winner? The person who had the most activity between the pathways involved with romantic love: dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin.
The Love Competition from Brent Hoff on Vimeo.
1. I love the winner. So awesome it was that person.
2. Interesting how contestants talked about the general good feelings they had thinking lovely thoughts in an MRI machine. I wonder if we could get that same buzz without the machine? Like, what if, for 5 minutes a day, we each loved hard. Would we walk around all smiley and floaty and happy too?
3. Meditating on love is not the same as 'loving hard'.
4. Marilyn has great teeth. Wonder if they're veneers?
5. Milo reminds me of ten-year old Max.
6. The age range that is not represented in this competition is a 40 - 50 year old MOM. I think maybe she would have been a great contender.