I love it when June 1 falls on a Saturday.
I spent most of the day in bed. Sleeping in. And then slowly waking up - day dreaming.
I got up just in time to have some birthday cake with Drew.
Brett dropped by - the boys were going to go on their last ride around Murrayville on their skateboards ...
I have a feeling we'll be doing alot of these "last" things this month.
Yesterday evening I had some friends over because it was going to be 'the last time' we'd get to gather in my living room in this house.
I am going to miss this place.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Friends who can't wait until the dessert is assembled and just eat fruit covered in whipping cream, bypassing the whole cake/middle man.
2. I'm thankful for whipping cream.
3. I'm thankful for the year I just had. And for the one starting.
4. And I'm thankful for the friends who sent messages today - worried that I'd be alone tonight... Hahaha. I feel loved.
5. And I'm thankful for tonight's dinner and walk along Commercial Drive. I seriously won the lottery when it came to awesome friends. Thanks M, for praying with me for my boys tonight. Your car is a holy place.