So I posted it on Facebook and got some responses.
And it got me thinking...
Here's my list:
- Tonight is the first time I've put Christmas lights on before Halloween. (In my defence, it's dark down here, and I need it to be bright. So I've got the overhead light on, (which I'll replace with something dangly, something with many light bulbs. something like a chandelier but not so fancy) two lamps are on, plus a string of Christmas twinkle lights tossed artlessly into an old glass container. It's more cheerful (cheerfuller?) now. I don't regret it.
- Watched something on Netflix. And then watched something else. And then watched something else again... (Oct 18)
- Ate Indian food at an Indian restaurant and didn't have a clue what any of it was. (Oct 9)
- Attended a party where I only knew one other person. And I stayed right til the end. (Oct 9)
- Offered to (and then did) pray, right then, out loud, in my office, for a (non-believing) salesperson who asked, "Could you pray for me?" (Oct 8)
- Met an online friend in person. First time ever. (Oct 2/3)
(Pics taken on my phone by Tricia's 5 year old granddaughter, Kate.)
- Vacationed in Florida for the first time and felt that wonderful sand. And had real Key Lime Pie for the first time. And then I had it again. And again. (Oct 1 - 5)
- Rode a horse and shot some arrows from a bow for the first time. (Sept 2014)
- Saw Elton John in concert. Had floor seats. 10 rows from the stage. BOOM (Sept 2014)
- I SAW A FRIGGEN HUGE COMET blow up/burn up as it careened toward earth. Twas amazing. (Aug 2014)
- Walked across a couple bridges for the first time. (Burrard St and Lions Gate) (Summer 1014)
- Walked all the seawalls in Vancouver, most of them for the first time. (Summer 2014)
- Went on/successfully completed a number of hikes this Spring that I'd never done before. Ran into bears and skunks for the first time ever as well. (Spring 2014)
- After 30 years of not having photos taken of myself, I got the hang of The Selfie. (Spring 2014)
- Figured out how to create a playlist on Youtube. (Spring 2014)
- Decided to start flooding social media (as if one pic a day is 'flooding') with photos of beautiful BC. I updated my instagram and twitter feed with snap shots of neighbourhood, Vancouver and anything stunning in this area. Like sunsets and flowers and shorelines. Expect an increase in tourism. Hahaha.
- Sent messages of thanks (via twitter) to writers, actors, producers, directors, musicians whose work I've appreciated.(Spring 2014)
- Read my first ever e-book on my Kindle. (Jan 2014)
- Had my first ever RMT massage. (Jan 2014)
- Visited Parksville on Vancouver Island. (Jan 2014)
Looking forward to a buncha firsts in 2015...
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. My room? It's so clean. I sorted through my clothes and came up with a huge (garbage) bag of garments to donate. Also? A bag of shoes to give away. And? 3000 pounds of paper (finally opened a few months worth of mail) to recycle. I feel so much lighter. I am thankful that I had time this weekend to clean out my living space.
My entire wardrobe, except underwear, t-shirts and bathing suits. Every article of clothing I own is here:
2. I am thankful for twinkle lights. Seriously. The most magical of all light sources.
3. I am thankful for quiet work spaces. Got so much done this evening. Two hours at home, in the evening, with no interruptions > 8 hours at the office. :)