Twelve hours from now we'll be boarding our plane for home.
Random thoughts from the sketchiest hotel in London:
1. Portobello Market in Notting Hill is like the Palm Springs Night Market x 10 on steroids. Totally overwhelming. We gave ourselves 30 minutes to "do" it.
2. We went on our last tube ride this evening and it was bittersweet. WAY too crowded and hot but totally awesome at the same time. I even had a tear in my eye (both of them, actually) as we descended down one of those two story escalators being serenaded by an incredibly gifted musician who was taking full advantage of the acoustics (and his sound system) singing that Shrek theme song, "I'm a believer". Do you know how rich it sounds when hundreds of commuters spontaneously break out in song while in a tiled tunnel? And then I saw her face, now I'm a believer, without a trace of doubt in my mind. I'm in love, I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried..,
3. The National Geographic Store is inspiring. Period.
4. My suitcase is too heavy. If I'm going to be a world traveler, I have to learn to pack lighter.
5. Saw Inception tonight because Clint wanted to. He loves that movie. I love him.
6. You get what you pay for. We have a room that sleeps three. And had a place to park our van. (The beds have holes in the sheets, the walls have holes in the drywall, and the parking spot for the van is a 25 minute walk away in someone's garage.)
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. We're heading home.
2. Friends who shared the adventure with me.
3. Sons who made some memories with their mom.