I LOVE Thanksgiving.
I love the food, the family gatherings, the birthdays we celebrate, the no-Christmas-presents, the no-Christmas-pressure-to-be-ridiculously-happy, the no-Christmas-pressure-to-make-everything-meaningful, the no-winter-weather, the good moods everyone is in.
The second weekend in October just might be the most perfect 3 days of the year. Do I hear an AMEN?
With that in mind, I am thankful.
What am I thankful for:
1. My window boxes and terra cotta pots are still bright and cheerful.
2. It hasn't rained for, like, many days. And that means my hair doesn't get all limp and gross.
3. My garage got cleaned out tonight. Yeah, there's nothing like a spider-web-free space to park one's truck.
4. I've heard a few God stories lately. I love God stories. I am thankful that God is in the business of answering prayer.
5. I am thankful for my neighbourhood. I went for a walk tonight. I love living here.
6. The Arrow team expanded this fall. So thankful for Ray and Kayely.
7. Chocolate cupcakes.
8. Art shops on Etsy.
9. Friends and family who have birthdays this week. I personally know of 9 birthdays in the next 5 days.
10. I'm thankful for Drew's friend, Andrew who has a pretty sweet garage. Drew's car will be there for awhile, while Drew figures out how to add and subtract parts. (By the way, these are the wheels he bought off Craig's List. The ones that we bought from a back alley in New West...Remember? That was the time when I rocked as a mom.)
11. I'm thankful for Clint, Max and Drew. Not sure why God thought I'd be the best mom for them, but thankful that He chose me.
12. I'm thankful for grace and forgiveness.