1. I am obsessing over:
- making decisions about everything I own
- wondering if any of the moving companies I've contacted will ever phone me back, or will I be SOL next Saturday?
- stupid stuff. I should just stop thinking already
2. I am working on:
- not freaking out about stupid stuff
- loving unlovable people
- not worrying about Clint
3. I am thinking about:
- what my life is going to look like after July 6
- how much rain we've had this month, and how that has been a gift to me. Sunshine would have been torturous... it's OK to spend rainy nights inside sorting through things and junk
- English/Irish accents and wondering when my love of them will fade
- how much I don't want to deal with any of the contents in my garage
- friends who are hurting
- a conversation I was in recently where it was mentioned that 35 years ago, 'dancing was not allowed because it led to bowling'. BOWLING? For reals? Apparently yes. The Brethren, or was it the Pentacostals, saw bowling alleys as 'dens of sin'. That 'no good activities' took place in those sin filled rooms. OH. My. GOODNESS.
- I am also in awe thinking about how many of my friends RIGHT NOW have frozen shoulder. JUST LIKE ME!
4. I am anticipating:
- watching another few episodes of Vampire Diaries tonight. Finished Season 1 yesterday.
- that any day now I will stop eating like a cow
- that any day now I will stop spending 23 hours a day on my ass
- playing alot of Dutch Blitz with Mandi once we're housemates
- that it's going to take awhile to figure out what kind of accommodations I should buy.
5. I am listening to:
- Columbia by Oasis on repeat.
- But soon I will be listening to Stefan and Damon bicker about their love for Elena and Katherine.
- And I will also listen to the dishwasher and washing machine
- I am NOT going to listen to my thoughts. They are
boring scary not-healthystupid
- and just seconds ago, I heard two cats going at it (or something similarly intimate) ten feet away from me and if that's what feline mating sounds like, wholey hell. Glad I'm not a cat.
6. I am eating:
- warm chocolate chip cookies (made from scratch) fresh from the oven because yes, I AM THAT WOMAN
7. I am praying for:
- my friends who are hurting
- my friends' kids who need healing
- my kids and their bff's. Yes, boys do have bff's. 'though they'd never call them that.
- my mom and dad
- my friends' marriages
8. I am reading:
- facebook statuses
- and that's about it
- not true, I also read about 300 emails a day
- and I read whatever I am responsible for getting printed at work. If there aren't too many words.
- some day I'll read a book again
9. I am happy about:
- I'm taking my garbage and recycling to the curb tonight. I
forgotdidn't bother last week.
- And I put my big silk tree at the end of the driveway too, with a sign. Made with a black sharpie and pen and scrapbooking paper that says "FREE". What do you bet that it'll still be there next week? The tree. And the sign.
- I still like my job
- Wow. This isn't much of a list. I was out on Monday night with a group of peeps, and again last night with two old friends. SO. MUCH. SADNESS. in people's lives right now. I guess, and don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad that my great season of sadness has mostly passed.
- And as much as I wanted my house sold last summer, I can see now, that that would have pushed me over the edge faster and harder than the edge I slipped off of last December. So I'm happy that my house sold THIS year. And that it was only on the market for 5 days. And that it had a quick completion date so this packing up business wasn't stretched over the entire summer.
- And I suppose that's mostly it. Maybe if I noodle on this abit more, something else will come to mind. In which case, I'll add to this list. So, come back again later. Or tomorrow. This list just might have grown.
10. I am Wishing:
- that some big prayers would be answered in exactly the way I want them to. Don't worry, I know they won't.
- today? I'm wishing that I was 20 years younger
- that I was a little more adventurous
- and that I laughed more
- and that I didn't like chocolate chip cookies so much