I forgot to mention...
1. We (Mandi, mom and I) got a special house guest this holiday season. He arrived on Christmas Eve, during the day, but he and I actually had eye contact on Christmas Day.
He is a rat.
And he ate through Mandi's garage door in order to get in.
We are not impressed. And have poisoned up the garage in order to kill him totally and completely and inhumanely. He needs to be gone. Period.
2. The other uninvited guest is smaller than the rat.
It's a bug.
The flu bug.
It arrived on Boxing Day. Jake and Daryl had it first.
Drew got it yesterday. (He kept me informed via text, while I was at the lake, through the night, about the waste exiting his body.)
Mom and Jule have it today. (I got the abbreviated version of their diarrhea and vomiting experiences.)
Mandi and I just keep washing our hands.
And I keep asking myself, do I feel sick?
And every time I eat something, I ask myself, what will this taste like coming back up again? Do you really want to throw this up, Jane?
I got a Kindle for Christmas. (And a pandora charm, and Season 1 of the new BBC Sherlock series.)
And within 2 minutes I had purchased a book on my new reading device. It was on sale! Regularly $24.99 on sale for $1.99!
Like, all you need to do is think about a book, and poof, there it is. One click away from being yours. No need to wait til the store opens. No need to wait til after work to drive to Chapters to see if they have it in stock. It's too easy.
I am going to have to learn self-control and exercise some restraint. Or something.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Unexpectedly saw all three boys when I got back home from the lake.
(Clint and Max were just coming back from 'boarding at Sun Peaks. And Drew and Danica were hanging out at Mandi's. So I bought pizza and voila - Sunday supper was served. Sometimes its just that easy.
2. Another non-rainy evening. So I went for a walk. For a couple hours. Thankful that I can. And that it's safe to do so. And that my legs don't get tired. Thankful that I feel no guilt when I go for a walk. (I'm not abandoning my kids or my housework to 'selfishly' walk for exercise...) (Yes, that is totally twisted. What can I say? I am messed up about a few things.)
3. Thankful that I had a good break. I didn't do any work at all. It's all there for me tomorrow.
My brain got a great rest. Thankful that I have a job to go back to.