So Fall is coming, I might as well get on board.
TEN THINGS TO DO THIS FALL:
(Number 5 will shock you!)
Nothing on here is ever shocking.
I just wrote that because it's the new trend in increasing your click rates in social media.
(Actually, I'm making this up as I go. I don't have 10 things in mind. And, in fact, I may end up with just three. Who knows? Let's just see where this goes, alright?)
K. Back to number one.
1. Walk across the Lions Gate Bridge. I was hoping to do this in the summer, but it ended too soon.
2. Go to the Surrey Writer's Conference.
3. Attend a screening or two at the Vancouver International Film Festival.
4. Walk 500 miles. Then walk 500 more.
That was mostly just kidding. I was quoting a song.
But I should keep walking. I haven't much lately. Like, hardly at all.
5. Am I out of ideas already?
6. MEET TRICIA! Go to Florida. Explore Tampa. Take pics of a beach that is NOT ON THE PACIFIC OCEAN. (Have you been following our photo blog?)
7. I really owe you a real #4 and a proper #5.
So, a new #4: Give blood.
Aaack. I wrote it. Now I have to do it. (Heather, you'll have to walk me through this process.) (And book an appointment at the same time so you can be stretched out beside me.) (And then we'll just sit back and watch movies all evening, yes?)
And a new #5: Get that pesky back tooth extracted. And get a bone graft done. And then not do anything about the implant until I get married to someone with a really good dental plan.
And a real #7: I am a terrible list maker. Numbers are running amok on this page.
Go see my doctor again for some follow up tests from last Spring's scare. Sigh. I should walk 500 miles first so he can see the effort I'm making at being healthy.
SO far? This fall is looking alot like last Spring. Doctors and dentist appointment up the whazoo.
Where am I?
Get a TV situation working downstairs. This will be a multi-part process involving many men:
- Shaw guy.
- Guys with muscles to remove 70" TV.
- Guy I gave birth to, to come hook new TV and old receiver and Blu Ray player up. And make it all work with ONE REMOTE.
9. Can I even think of a number 9? Oh yes, BUY SAMOSA's . And eat them all. Because I now crave them.
10. Last one. Let's make it a good one, Jane.
How about this?
The tenth thing I want to do this fall is buy a non-lacy bra, get new runners, plan a craft night (card making), plan a tech night (everyone brings over the laptops/tablets/smart phones and shares how to do something/recommends an app/download. I will help folks organize their photos), plan a We Can Make A Difference night, attend a wedding in Palm Springs, write letters to my Compassion Kids, lookit me go, I could just keep on writing out things to do all night. I. Am. A. Listmaker.
How 'bout you? What're you up to this fall?
THree THings I'm THankful for:
(I do that ALL DAY LONG. When I capitalize the T, I leave my finger on shift too long, and end up capitalizing the H as well.)
1. Drew dropped by this evening. And let me take him to the mall to buy dinner at the Food Court. This was 'our thing' when he was a kid. Love doing it now that he's all grown up.
2. The book of Ecclesiastes. So much practical wisdom in those pages, eh?