1. A bag of potatoes, left forgotten, for many months, in a closed drawer, in a hot cabin? Will turn to liquid. And that liquid? Smells like shit. And if you thought being on strong antibiotics gave you a buzzkill for food - try cleaning up that mess. You will never eat again.
2. Meds that induce nausea? Are the devil.
3. Raging wildfires will totes take the fun out of 30+ non-stop, uninterrupted days with full sun and no rain. Some people wait 300 days for this weather...
4. Sons will talk about anything and everything on a Facebook family chat thread until the mom mentions the words bowel infection. Then there's radio silence for days. If you are given a choice, go for an Appendicitis diagnosis. It's less awkward.
5. Trust the process. If you've done your job well, are part of a functioning, professional, trustworthy team, the world will not implode if you disappear and
6. If you are going to be off work for two almost-consecutive weeks unexpectedly, for medical emergencies, and at the exact same time the air conditioning in the house you live in breaks down causing the room that houses your couch and TV to flood, you better have a bed you love laying on.
7. Sometimes things happen. And it might feel like it's all about you. But it's not all about you. You'll probably learn or grow from the experience as well, but God allowed it to happen for a reason bigger and farther reaching that just you.
8. If you're not sure, ask.
9. This? While probably delicious? Is not good for your pooper.
10. And lastly, this:
Three things I'm thankful for:
2. Scented candles
3. Upper floor bedroom windows with screens
4. Bubble baths
5. Bodies that heal
6. Conversations with God
7. Answered prayer
10. My job