Thanks for praying. If you're wanting specific things to pray about:
For mom -
1. That she continues to heal. She has a long road to full recovery ahead of her, please pray that God will knit together her insides so they become strong and healthy once again.
2. Please pray for her mind. Ask God to help her to overcome the fear of additional surgery. Pray that He would fill her with His perfect peace regarding living with my dad.
3. Pray that these last few days in the hospital would be restful. That she would not get another student nurse, that her room mates would be able to settle in at night, that His spirit of comfort would reside in room 321 with her.
For dad -
1. Oh goodness, I don't know how to pray for him. Maybe that he would not be aggitated? That he would not resent our continual presence? That he would be accepting of the care we're arranging for him? That he would be able to sleep through the nights? That he would not flip out when we finally get around to telling him he can't drive again? That he would drop certain subjects that are hurtful to listen to? That he would be filled with the Holy Spirit?
For us -
1. That Julie and Daryl can enjoy their weekend off. That they can get their storm windows on. That they can have 2 days of joy-filled time with each other and friends.
2. For Jim and Chad who've been hunting. Pray that they get back safely.
3. For me. That I get through the weekend (3 pm Saturday til 3 pm Monday) without having a melt-down. Honestly, I think I'm going to see a doctor next week about something to take this edge off. I have an electrical current of dread surging through me that I can't switch off. Pray for our church, as we have our last Sunday tomorrow. Can I think of a sadder way to spend Sunday morning? I think not. Pray for my kids - that God would protect them from harm. Pray that He would reveal Himself to them in mighty ways.
Thank you, internet, for caring.