These are the things that I am:
1. I am obsessing over:
- I am obsessing over my lent thing. Seriously, I suck at sacrificing things I love. And Every. Single. Time. I blow it, I think of Jesus not sucking at sacrificing His life for me. So there's that. But still. I disappoint myself.
- And, obsessing over the beauty of Vancouver. Sandra and I zipped downtown after work to take some pics of the blossoming cherry trees at the Burrard St Station:
We parked at Kaitlynn's place in Kits and walked over.
First stop was Yew Street.
Then Kits Beach:
Then we walked over the Burrard St Bridge:
And strolled past some churches:
Til we finally got to our destination:
From there we walked over to English Bay to watch the sun set on the patio at Milestones and felt very urban. And hip.
So, yeah. That's what I'm obsessing over this month.
2. I am working on:
- walking hills everyday.
- Eating a salad everyday.
- Posting a photo to Instagram everyday.
- Sleeping more than 6 hours a night.
3. I am thinking about:
- this season in my life. And how I can make it meaningful.
- my most recent visit with my dad. And how he wants to go on a cruise. With everyone. He feels good; he's not sick, and he has no pain. He wants to do something. Anything. Be around 'his' people... After two years, the Kinsmen Lodge is not home for him. "I want to go to my home. I want to live with Billie."
- Easter. The weekend. The family dinner. The reason for it all.
4. I am anticipating:
- a smaller bum if I keep walking hills.
- answers to prayers.
5. I am listening to:
- The Rifles. Tangled Up In Love:
- Ross Coopermam. Holding on and Letting Go
- Oasis. Columbia
6. I am eating:
- Purdy's chocolate eggs. It's Val's fault. She's my supplier. I Cannot Say No. There are not enough hills in Fraser Heights to walk Easter off.
- But I did have a salad today.
7. I am praying for:
- Events: Like, Max's upcoming Cake Night, the World Cup in Brazil, the weddings I'm invited to this Spring/Summer/Fall, the one night showing of Irreplaceable, opening weekends of some movies I've been following, the publishing of some books my friends have been writing.
- People: like my family, my friends, my friends' kids, my kids' friends, folks struggling with addiction, people who are struggling in their marriages, and a whole wack of creative folks who are in the arts/entertainment industry. Actors, writers, producers, musicians, and so on.
- Organizations: like Focus, Langley Concrete, Capital Media, Northview Church, Westside Church, The Village Church, 10th Ave Alliance, NA, AA, The Door, and so on.
- My kids.
8. I am reading:
and to balance that all out, I'm also reading the next book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
9. I am happy about:
- SPRING! It's here!
- Daylight savings! The evenings are soooo long.
- Two more days of sunshine expected. Exclamation mark.
- The way God gives me glimpses into the way He's at work.
10. I am remembering:
- My childhood. Walked through the Tynehead trails on Sunday afternoon, and WHOA. I used to swing on a rope over this creek with our little gang of Tynehead friends (Me, Jim, Julie, Roger, Tina, Jean-Paul, Dale...) NOW? It's a park. A fabulous park:
Back in the 70's this was our private playground... and on Sunday? There were hundreds of folks and their dogs walking around. Someday my grandchildren will wander through this trails. I kinda love that thought.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Four day weekend coming up. And the Best Church Services of the year to look forward to.
2. I'm thankful that my dad and mom love me. And that they've been generous with their lives. I've been living in mom's basement and driving my dad's truck. I'm that loser daughter ... Haha. I will pay it forward with my kids. It's just what parents do.
3. I'm grateful that Mark still gives me hockey tickets. Thankful that I have a cousin who loves making the commute from the boonies to sit and talk with me through the games.
Shalom and smiles friends,