... which is inspiring.
How to Intentionally Change Your Life. By starting with Just. One. Thing.
- Whenever you notice yourself worrying - ask yourself, "Am I dwelling on the problem or am I working on a solution?"
- What concerns me most about the direction of my life? What needs to change?
- What are my intentions for the future?What legacy will I leave? Am I headed in that direction?
- Your attitude is how you choose to see life.
- You are under no obligation to be nice to negative thoughts when they arrive. You can choose not to invite them in for a visit.
- If we expect something that isn't realistic, we will be disappointed.
- Identify your triggers. What triggers a negative attitude in you?
- Decide, in advance, what you will do when you're tempted to say something negative. Have a plan in place to be positive.
- Time for a change in your life? Recognize these enemies, they will come at you, fully armed: discouragement, anxiety, disruptions, procrastination, and the waiting time.
- Emotions always create reactions.
- An emotion is like a fire on the inside and it burns until you:
- Make a healthy response
- Have an unhealthy reaction
- It smoulders into a self-inflicted emotional wound.
Haha. I just listed a bunch of tweetable statements.
My Facebook post this afternoon at 5 pm was this:
Three solid songs in a row on my playlist JUST AS THE SUN BROKE THROUGH THE CLOUDS. My office becomes all bright and sunny as David Cassidy tells me that He thinks He loves me, and Andy Kim sings that he wants to Rock Me Gently, while those guys from Blue Suede are Hooked On a Feeling.
Marg wanted to know what the rest of my playlist was. So here it is. This is what old ladies are listening to these days. My summer playlist. (So far. I will probably add to it):
These songs are not in order of preference. I have it on shuffle so I am surprised/delighted when the next song comes on...
Artist - Song
The Rifles - Tangled Up in Love
The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin'
Oasis -Champagne Supernova
Queen - Somebody to Love
Hillsong - Cornerstone
Passenger - Let Her Go
James Blunt - Bonfire Heart
Ross Copperman - Holding on and Letting Go
Amy Grant - How Mercy Looks From Here
Lifehouse - You and Me
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
Hillsong - The Stand
Frozen - Let It Go
Oasis - Wonderwall
Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up
The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
Need to Breathe - Something Beautiful
Oasis - Columbia
The Rifles - Long Walk Back
Chris Tomlin - Lay Me Down
Building 429 - Where I Belong
Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeroes - Man on Fire
Fun - Some Nights
The Lumineers - Ho Hey
Train - Drops of Jupiter
Building 429 - Right Beside You
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
Supremes - Baby Love
The Fray - You Found Me
Blue Suede - Hooked on A Feeling
One Direction - Story of My Life
One Republic - Counting Stars
Kari Jobe - Revelation Song
Switchfoot - Where I Belong
Ed Sheeran - Give Me Love
Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
Anna Kendrick - Cups (When I'm Gone)
David Cassidy - I Think I Love You
The Rifles - She's the Only One
Lumineers - Stubborn Love
Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait
Passenger - A Thousand Matches
One Republic - Good Life
Four Tops - Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch
A mish mash.
Don't try to analyze me based on my music choices.
All I can say is that for me? These are all killer, no filler. Everytime the next song comes on, I say to myself, "oh GOOD. I love this one." Haha.
Three things I'm thankful for: