I'm crowdsourcing ideas for my next year's personal challenge.
For background, every year I take on a challenge to broaden my perspective and learn something about the world beyond my work at Facebook.
In past years, some of my challenges have been:
- Learning to speak Mandarin
- Meeting one new person who doesn't work at Facebook every day
- Writing a thank you note each day to someone who made the world better
I have an idea of what my next challenge might be, but I'm open to more ideas before the new year officially begins. So share your ideas here!
He is getting some awesome ideas...
- a new book every month
- BUT, someone else gets to choose the book.
- Try a new locally owned restaurant every week!
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and refined carbs by 75%
- Read the Bible cover to cover
- Have someone visit your house every week that you have never had over.
- write a poem every day
- Delete users who send Candy Crush invites
- Plant a tree for every new facebook user that joins in 2015. Name the tree after the user.
- Personally be a consultant to 12 (one a month) startups you believe could change the world. For free.
- Come to a different school in the bay area a few times a month and help the students understand the importance of learning to code and what great things they can do with their minds and start a technology kid's summit on what technology will look like in the future and what they can do to start now! My kids in Sunnyvale at Ellis Elementary would LOVE that! Or climb Mt. Kili manjaro in Tanzania :)
- Meet one new homeless person each week and hear their story
He's received over 33,000 comments/suggestions so far.
Look what I got in the mail today:
My (german) cousin's daughter works for the company that produces the Landlust magazine. This is their Christmas edition and It Is Spectacular. Her name appears repeatedly on many of the projects and I couldn't be prouder. She is an amazingly gifted designer.
SO many beautiful ideas.
Just like pinterest. Except with magazines like this one, you can hold the idea in your hand.
I love good layouts, excellent photography and inspiring articles.
Well done, Persis.
Now that Christmas is over and I'm assuming they've used the pics most dear to them, I thought I'd share some pics I took last October of the Pue Fam.
Have you read Brenda's most recent journal entry? Click here.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Evenings at the lake with a friend.
2. Five days off in a row.
3. The sun has been shining.
4. December is just hours away from being over. :)
5. Costco lasagna.
6. Internet connections.